14AUG2010

By Ben D. - 10:19 AM

It was many days/weeks/months ago since any of us "Fy$" boys wrote on this blog, in fact I was the last to post something... it's either because of the lack of motivation, or possibly the fact that most of them have their own personal blogs to write on. I, myself don’t have one so I guess I’ll ramble on about my thoughts and feelings on here since I’m sure nobody ever goes on here anymore anyway.

I'm currently underway somewhere in the middle of the pacific ocean, running drills, getting our qualifications and making sure that the ships "readiness" is up to par. this stuff is really boring... I really have no purpose on board this gigantic floating naval vessel. I’m an electrician, and yes I do work on the 400HZ distribution that gives power to the Aircraft and Helicopters, but what am I really doing here? That question haunts me ever single day. I know why I joined the Navy back in 2006, and I remember telling myself I was doing the right thing by re-enlisting last December… but in the end is it really worth it?? I have no wife, no kids… I don’t need to support anyone but myself at the moment. I could understand if I was married with a child, then I would at least know I was doing this “job” for the security and stability of my family. Well, I have a little over a year to decide if I should still do this, hopefully by then I’ll either a) have a need to support others than myself or b) have another career choice in mind with a clear path to success.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments